Sunday, August 10, 2008

Coupling: A look at how the male mind works...


My wedding(s) was (were) not what you'd call typical. The first wedding was a small ceremony with only our closest of kin (translation: nuclear families with some close cousins and their significant others) across the country where we currently live. It was the happiest day of my life. Exhaustingly happy. But after much thought, we wanted to have a big party to celebrate our marriage so that our extended family and friends could join in on the merrymaking. So, almost a year later, we're planning this shin-dig (wedding #2). I hear this is happening more frequently, the multiple wedding trend.

So, hubby and I were chatting (not about the wedding party) and somehow I bring up a story from when I was dating someone in college...

Hubby: That's nice.
PhDini: Sorry. I did have a life pre-you.
Hubby: I know, I know. So, since we're having another wedding thing, why don't we just act single until then? It'll be fun. (laughing)
PhDini: Ha! Yeah, that'll be great. I can see my online dating ad now. "I'm married but I"m looking for a boyfriend.."
Hubby: Yeah, I need someone to watch TV with. Just make sure he likes playing Wii Tennis.
PhDini: Alright. I'll make sure to mention that in the ad.

They say the first year of marriage is the honeymoon year...and they are so right!

No comments: